[ALAC] ICANN Board adopts the new Bylaws

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:39:39 UTC 2016

Hello, ALAC and Regional Leaders:

Blog from Board Chair below on adoption of new Bylaws. Also, the new Bylaws
have been transmitted to NTIA.

A lot of people have worked very hard to make this happen.  It is a
dedication that is deeply inspiring from the multistakeholder Internet
community.

Together we have all effected change in ICANN, which I believe is
positive.  In every change there are always unintended consequences, but we
will deal with it them best as we can together.

Welcome to the new empowered community!

Best regards,

Rinalia

Original link: https://www.icann.org/news/blog/new-icann-bylaws.

Blog by Dr. Steve Crocker (ICANN Board Chair)

Today, on behalf of the ICANN Board, I am pleased to announce the adoption
<http://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2016-05-27-en> of
the new ICANN Bylaws
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/adopted-bylaws-27may16-en.pdf>,
which reflect changes made as a result of the IANA Stewardship Transition
package of proposals <https://www.icann.org/stewardship-accountability>.
The new Bylaws are the result of hundreds of hours of work by the community
and the legal teams. The Regional Internet Registries Service Level
Agreement and Internet Engineering Task Force Memorandum of Understanding
Supplemental Agreement have also been approved for signing and will go into
effect after the transition.

Later today, ICANN will be transmitting the new Bylaws to the U.S.
Department of Commerce’s National Telecommunications and Information
Administration (NTIA). NTIA has previously stated that adoption of the new
Bylaws is required for them to complete their review of the proposals,
which is expected to occur in June.

This is an important milestone for ICANN and the community. As we await the
release of NTIA’s report, we continue to prepare for implementation of the
transition proposals. We thank everyone for their continued hard work and
support during this transition process.