[ALAC] ALS Criteria and Expectations

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:13:15 UTC 2016

Thanks Alan. In APRALO we were wanting to provide some guidelines for
anyone who does not want to align themselves to a particular ALS but wants
to be an independent member in our region. I am working in some of the
ideas we have raised in our ALS criteria discussions

Are the expectations about participation, promotion of ICANN and its
activities within community and ensuring that this engagement is published
somehow.. blog, website, personal facebook etc - the same for indivs as
they are for als groups? Why shouldnt they be? It would still be
interesting to know why they dont align themselves with others.

How do they fit into our At-Large structure? We are making a high level of
expectations for ALSes, can we make the same of individuals eg who want to
be part of ALAC but who are also members of a number of other
constituencies as well... and are really doing nothing in depth with
At-Large.

In my ALS... I have a member who heads the ict unit of the PMs office so
naturally she follows the GAC.. another works for the local ISP so I am
trying to get him to come along to the ccNSO meetings. We are only an
island of 9000 people. The chances of getting 3 people who are committed to
end-user policy would be pushing it a bit. But they all hear what the ALAC
and APRALO are up to in ICANN and within the region on our website. ☺

Maureen