[ALAC] Explanation of RoP Director voting alternatives

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 26 22:01:05 UTC 2016

I would suggest that we proceed with the
discussion, and we can extend it into the
currently unallocated agenda item on Thursday at 9:45 if necessary.

I am working with ICANN staff to identify all of
the changes that will be required for allowing
the ALAC to participate in the Empowered
Community and to take actions with regard to PTI.
At this stage, it is unclear how extensive these
changes will be, how detailed they may need to be
and whether we must complete them and have them
approved prior to ICANN implementing the new
Bylaws in the event NTIA approves of the IANA
Stewardship Transition Proposal and the IANA
Functions Contract expires on 30 September 2016
(which mean we may just have until the end of
August to prepare these revisions).

Accordingly, I think it wise to not add other
things to that proposed RoP change if we can possibly avoid it.

For those who have not taken the opportunity to
prepare for this action, I am attaching to this
message the RoP revision, the Addendum just
circulated, and the Change Log describing each of
the changes. Excluding updating of URLs, there
are only 8 changes that can readily be reviewed in the time we have allocated.

Alan