[ALAC] Explanation of RoP Director voting alternatives

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:06:52 UTC 2016

Hello Kaili,

I think we need to be clear here, going the random option is last resort
and we all may actually never experience it. Three steps would have
happened before randomly doing stuff:

1. There would have been a contested position
2. Votes would have been casted and resulted to a tie
3. Another set of votes would have been casted among the contestants in 2
above.

Once the above still result to a tie, I think it is just fair to go to
randomisation that is verifiable. At that point there would be no human
subjectivity as it is assumed that both tied contestants are qualified to
be elected. Seeding that role to ALT brings in unnecessary human
perspective/interference which won't be necessary at that point.

Secondly, the ALT members are part of the electorates and there may even be
instances where one of them is a contestant so delegating a section of the
electorate the responsibility to determine the elected would not be a fair
election process.

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos