[ALAC] Reminder - ALAC Monthly Call

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 26 13:43:17 UTC 2016

Thank you Fatimata, and all others who have supported this initiative.

I must say that I cannot take all of the credit.
Gisella and I worked very hard a year ago when I
first became Chair, to establish rotating meeting
times. Frankly we were not supported by a
substantial number of ALAC Members who did not
provide nearly as much flexibility in accepting
awkward meeting hours as the current ALAC. So I
thank the entire community for being sufficiently flexible.

On Seun's promptness in asking question, indeed!
I have no idea how he manages to read everything
so quickly but interactions here are great to
ensure that everyone is on the same page. Both
staff and I do try to cover all aspects of issues
in our messages, so please do read them in full,
but questions and follow-up are welcome.

Alan

At 26/01/2016 03:46 AM, fsylla at gmail.com wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I completely agree with Alan's strategy of
>rotating meeting time to accommodate everyone as
>much as possible. I think he deserves the entire
>community support on this and on all the good
>work he has been marvelously doing for all of us.  THANK YOU ALAN.
>
>I would also like to emphasize my support to
>Seun's promptness in asking questions when he
>does not understand. I would encourage him to
>continue to do so in any subject matter as this
>is the only way we can build consensus.
>
>My 2 cents.
>
>Best wishes to all of you
>Fatimata
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Jan 26, 2016, at 3:42 AM, León Felipe
>Sánchez Ambía <<mailto:leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I completely agree with what Holly says and asks.
>>
>>Alan has my full support on this and I think
>>sharing the burden on having calls at hours
>>that can be awkward for some from time to time is just fair to all of us.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>

>>León
>>
>>>El 25/01/2016, a las 4:56 p.m., Vanda
>>>Scartezini <<mailto:vanda at scartezini.org>vanda at scartezini.org> escribió:
>>>
>>>Totally agree. This is my turn, from 2 to 4 in the morning.
>>>Vanda Scartezini
>>>Polo Consultores Associados
>>>Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
>>>01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil