[ALAC] Process to ratify CCWG Proposal

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 3 03:13:29 UTC 2016

On the assumption the the CCWG will come to closure on all issues and
publish a revised final proposal, that ALAC needs a process by which
we can decide whether to ratify it or not.

We are starting to see "final" revised documents for the various
recommendations.

I propose the following:

1. As these documents are made available, I suggest that we
distribute them to the ALAC and IANA-Issues lists, along with a
(hopefully) concise summary of what has changed. I can do some of
these summaries, but I am looking for volunteers who have a good
understanding of other recommendations to volunteer to do those
(please volunteer directly to me).

2. All comments will be welcome, but for each document, if there are
any concerns THAT YOU FEEL MIGHT JUSTIFY ALAC REJECTION, these must
be raised promptly for discussion. If there are statements that you
feel the ALAC MUST make in relation to a recommendation, even though
we will ratify, these should also be raised.

3. By the time we get to Marrakech, we should have already covered
the majority of the proposal.

4. In Marrakech, we will allow sufficient time for the discussion of
any final changes and if appropriate a formal vote on either the
entire proposal, or on a recommendation-by recommendation basis.

Comments please.