[ALAC] Consensus Call: ALAC Approval of Co-Chairs for Reactivated At-Large gTLD WG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Dec 13 02:21:56 UTC 2016

We have been discussing re-activating the New gTLD WG for quite some
time, and did so again in Hyderabad. We have two volunteers to
co-chair the group (now the At-Large gTLD WG), John Laprise and Seun
Ojedeji. Following a discussion with the ALT and with the two
candidates, I would like to propose that the ALAC agree to name them
as co-chairs of the At-Large gTLD WG.

Both John and Seun are relatively new to the world of new gTLDs, but
both have agreed to work to get up to speed (with mentors) and to
join the relevant GNSO WGs

The next steps would be:

- Draft a mission statement for the WG
- Put out a call for members
- Schedule the first meeting, which will be a level-set of where we
have come from and current processes

With this message, I am initiating a Consensus Call of the ALAC to
appoint John Laprise and Seun Ojedeji (in alphabetic order) as
Co-Chairs of the At-Large gTLD WG.

The Consensus Call will end at 23:59 on Monday Wednesday, 19 December 2016.

If there are any questions of comments, please direct them to either
this list or to me directly.

Although messages indicating support are welcome, they are not
necessary. This Consensus Call will be deemed to have succeeded in
the absence of significant opposition (greater than 20% as specified
by ALAC RoP 12.3.3.1).