[ALAC] IRTP Part C implementation

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 4 02:19:45 UTC 2016

Thanks Alan

My concern here is that the issue might be resolved by an Implementation team, with no ALAC members on it.  You are correct in saying that the issue is not just about a change in the nature of service provided by one registrar.  The other issue is when a customer of a P/P service wants to transfer to ANOTHER registrar.   That issue was raised and talked through at length in a day long F2F meeting in LA.  At the time, it was James who observed that maintaining the privacy details of a registrant in that situation is difficult because of the accuracy obligations on registrars under the RAA.  And while we spent time on the issue, it was not resolved.  So an implementation team is the not best place for resolution - it really is a policy issue.

No sure where that takes us, but it is yet another wrinkle in the whole privacy discussion - and all the more reason for progress on the RDS WG

Holly