[ALAC] Revised Rules of Procedure

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 31 18:14:38 UTC 2016

Following our discussion during the ALAC meeting on 23 August 2016, I
have incorporated the discussed changes and present them here.

The changes include:

Section 2: Definitions - a revised definition of Empowered Community.

Paragraph 23.1: Minor corrections

Paragraph 23.2: re-wording to address concern expressed by Tijani

Paragraph 24.2: Clarification that unless extraordinary circumstances
warrant it, all decisions including those related to Directors will
be done by open vote.

Paragraph 24.3: As per discussion, the change of the EC Administrator
will be done by standard ALAC Super-majority vote.

Paragraph 24.4: Transition provision re-appointing current At-Large
Director under EC rules.

I am requesting that Heidi check with ICANN Legal to ensure that the
new 23 and 24 cover our responsibilities under the new Bylaws.