[ALAC] Selection of Pre-Dublin ALAC Leadership Training Program attendees

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 22 21:58:43 UTC 2015

As you will recall, the ALAC is allocated five
positions in the Pre-Dublin Leadership Training
Program (LTP). The leadership of each RALO was
requested to identify two candidates.

The ALAC is asked to identify a selection that is
a mix of relatively new person needing training
and ones with significant ICANN experience.

AFRALO had previously asked that Seun Ojedeji be
named in order to ensure timely visa processing for him.

The ALAC and Liaisons to ICANN SO/ACs met in
camera (with no outsiders) today to discuss the
candidates and make a final selection. Those chosen were:

APRALO: Maureen Hilyard
EURALO: Yrjö Länsipuro
LACRALO: Harold Arcos
NARALO: Judith Hellerstein

There is a possibility that Harold will not be
able to obtain a visa in sufficient time to
attend the LTP (or perhaps even the entire ICANN
meeting). I will work with LACRALO leadership to
consider alternatives if we discover that the
visa issue for Harold cannot be overcome.