[ALAC] New gTLD Auction Proceeds Discussion Paper

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 17 02:40:13 UTC 2015

As you all know, there has been an ongoing discussion on how to use
the New gTLD Auction proceeds (currently almost US$60,000,000). There
were sessions discussing this in Buenos Aires.

The current plan is to have a drafting group create a charter for a
Cross-Community Working Group which will recommend how the proceeds
are to be used. As a prelude to this, a Discussion Paper has been
published and is now open for Public Comment.

As the ALAC has been very vocal on this subject, I believe that we
should issue a comment, even if it is only to say that the Discussion
Paper is a good start and that the ALAC will participate in the CWG.

We need a volunteer to take responsibility for drafting such a statement.