[ALAC] ACTION: Endorsements: Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice Review Team

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 17 02:12:47 UTC 2015

In Dublin I suggested that the ALT recommend who to endorse for the
Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice Review Team and there
was a strong feeling within the ALAC that this responsibility not be
given to the ALT. The applicants have now been announced and we need
to decide who to endorse
-https://www.icann.org/resources/reviews/aoc/cct/applications.

I suggest that we use the same composition for the selection team as
we have for a number of other recent groups, for each region, one
ALAC Member selected by the Members from that region, and one person
selected by the RALO leadership. No one who has submitted an
application is eligible to serve of the endorsement group. All team
members will need to:

- Be familiar with the purpose of the Review
(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/call-volunteers-cct-rt-2015-10-01-en).
- Review the Applications.
- Prepare a brief evaluation of each candidate (details to be provided).

Endorsements are due no later than 14 December.

Nine people indicated that they were seeking ALAC endorsements, five
seeking only an ALAC endorsement, and four list multiple alternatives.

I am happy to have the ALAC delegate the endorsements to this group,
and if the ALAC agrees, there will be no need for the ALAC to ratify
the endorsements.

We will be scheduling the first (and possibly only) meeting of the
group for the week on November 30th, so please submit names within
the next week to ensure that we can select a suitable time for the meeting.

To be clear, I am looking for:

1. Any objections to having the group make the endorsements without
further ALAC action.

2. The name of the ALAC member from each region to participate in the
endorsement process.

3. The name of the regional appointee from each region to participate
in the endorsement process.