[ALAC] No Statement? Removal of Searchable Whois Service From .MEET Registry Agreement

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 8 22:00:03 UTC 2015

Hi Ariel

The only reason that ALAC would respond to this is that (as stated in link) ICANN will use comments made in evaluating other, similar requests.  If ALAC has any comment to make, it would be that removal of a Searchable Whois is in line with the moves to better align requirements on the collection and display of registration data with data retention laws internationally.

At most, comments would be a paragraph or two, to provide ALAC’s position in principle that all registration data should not be publicly available and that, in line with the WEG proposals, we should be moving to differentiated access to registration data.
Holly