[ALAC] Questions on Accountability Proposals

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:20:35 UTC 2015

My 2c

1. Do you believe that failing anything else, we must have the ability to
remove parts of or all of the Board?

YES - If there was unanimous agreement among the ALAC that something was
desperately wrong then we should have the ability to demand removal of
individuals or all of the Board.

2. With the exception of Board member removal, do we need legal
enforceability or can we rely on good faith (and Board member removal (if
you supported that).

NO - legal enforceability changes the role of SOs and ACs so that good
faith and trust in the system becomes lost. Would volunteers be as
effective if they knew that their decisions could imply personal liability?
3. If the final CCWG proposal calls for full legal enforceability, is that
sufficient reason for the ALAC to not ratify it?
YES - I can't see the point if it is going to in any way impact on the way
that At-Large currently operates: volunteerism - consultation - consensus -
trust

Maureen