[ALAC] [social-media-wg] New additions to Facebook postings and Dropbox for ICANN 53 Photos and two short videos

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Tue Jun 30 21:46:24 UTC 2015

Hello Peter,

Thank you VERY MUCH for all the photos that you took during ICANN 53. It is
very helpful for us to document At-Large events and activities that happened
in Buenos Aires. At a later time, let¹s figure out a strategy to have all
the At-Large pictures stored in a centralized place so that we can find them
and organize them effectively (e.g. At-Large¹s own Flickr account, google
photo account, etc.).

In addition, I want to take this opportunity to thank the social media
working group volunteers that helped out with picture taking, video filming,
tweet/facebook post drafting and translation, and retweeting during ICANN
53. Our special thanks go to the small taskforce/buffer group within the
Working Group, with members including Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Leon Sanchez,
Glenn McKnight, Paola Perez, Akinbo Adebunmi, Jacqueline Morries, Raitme
Citterio, Juan Manuel Rojas, and Alberto Soto. With your help, the quality
of our tweeter feed/facebook post improved tremendously, and some of our
content got incredibly high interaction rates (e.g. the tweet about Cheryl
<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge/status/612964308859883520>  has become our
most popular tweet at all times, as it was retweeted 31 times and got 11
favorites). Again, we sincerely appreciate all your efforts and time during
this past meeting! We may implement this small taskforce strategy again for
the social media coverage in ICANN 54.

Hope you all take some time to relax this week. Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
Ariel