[ALAC] CWG-Stewardship Proposal Motion

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 25 05:11:41 UTC 2015

My position on 2c and 2d is that we should not include them.

In both cases, I believe that they would actually harm or reduce the
effectiveness of the processes in question.

For 2c, I believe that since the CSC has either triggered a special
IFRT or is a major source of input into a regular IFRT, the RT is
well served by having direct input from the CSC. The alternative is
that information from the CSC is either filtered through some other
member, is provided solely in written form, or a CSC member is
requested to be present to relay the information directly. The first
two are poor replacements for direct dialogue and the latter is
effectively a Liaison.

For 2d, any group contributing a member of the SCWG may feel that
their IFRT member is the person best suited for the SCWG. In the case
of a group with limited resources such as the ALAC, a second person
with suitable knowledge may not even be available.

Alan