[ALAC] Feedback on the new ALAC-Board meeting format

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 24 04:01:20 UTC 2015

Regarding the number of people in the discussion, the model we were
testing had 6 people from At-Large and 6 from the Board. So there was
a restriction on both sides.

The selection from the ALAC as my call.

As I said during the meeting, I felt some obligation to follow the
prescribed plan of six At-Large members and six Board members. It was
clearly less than optimal. And the table format was horrible, both
from the point of view of those at the table (vast amounts of space)
and those in the audience (looking at people's backs).

There were a number of interventions which were off-topic, but short
of having a button to cut of someone else's microphone, I don't know
how we can control that.

I will be putting together a candid comment and will submit it for
ALAC discussion.

Alan