[ALAC] Feedback on the new ALAC-Board meeting format

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Wed Jun 24 04:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I agree with what has been said by all. Let’s not forget this was an exercise and for conversations in the hallways with a couple of Board members, I believe they didn’t like it very much either.

Yes, absolutely, to have any ALAC member speak. Yes to the timer. Yes to having the conversation moving once we have advanced on the subject of discussion.

I respectfully disagree with the perception of this being just another ALAC petition for money. I believe that whilst money could well solve part of the problem that was discussed, it definitely is much more than money behind it. I think it was a matter of principles and strengthening the MSM within our own community which unintentionally ended benefiting the ICANN wide community as the emergency fund will be set for all SO/ACs and that, from my point of view, is great news for all. Some might well not need it but the intent to help is there however.

As per distribution of seats, I think having a setup similar to that of the ALAC would work and not only be perceived but actually be more open.

Best regards,

León