[ALAC] Thoughts Requested on ICANN CEO Criteria

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Tue Jun 9 06:53:47 UTC 2015

Good point Rinalia. I think we enter the consolidation and stabilisation phase - if all goes well with the IANA transition. If not we end up in the stage of risk management.

I also very much agree on the comments Vanda made. IMPOV the least ICANN needs is an new CEO arriving with plenty of great ideas how to "improve" the organisation. With this I express my concern that we end up for instance with another new website whilst the current is not fully working. Also new tools, plenty of new staff might not be the best way forward. I would wish a new CEO takes itself a lot of time to understand the organisation before taking any action (My ICANN is a great example here). With this I mean taking time to get a deep understanding of the dynamics among SO/AC and the connection between Staff and community - how it is supposed to be and what are the realities.

We all know from our own experience when coming to ICANN, that this process of real understanding takes longer than once might expect. Another point will be to take up the actions and initiatives which are already developed by and within the community instead of swamping the community with lots of actions for their good.

Best Sandra

(Note: This message was send from my iPhone - I do apologise for any misspelling.)