[ALAC] Upcoming brainstorm sessions - At-Large Website Revamp

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Fri Jul 24 19:19:33 UTC 2015

Dear RALO Leaders and ALAC Members,

I hope you had some time to relax in the past few weeks and have recuperated
from ICANN 53.

During the At-Large website revamp presentation during ICANN 53, we provided
an update on the new website under construction (URL:
https://new-atlarge.herokuapp.com/). We greatly appreciated your useful
comments during this session.

As we presented, we have been focusing on developing the ALAC policy
sections and integrating ICANN public comment with the At-Large website.
Moreover, we also started developing the sections about At-Large regional
activities ahead of schedule, including the ALS/RALO map on the Homepage. To
help you refresh your memory about the presentation, you may find its
recording here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p5pnb139wy4 (0:27:00 ­
1:26:38).

Our goal is to launch the Beta site during ICANN 54 in Dublin and the
meeting is less than 3 months away. To meet this goal, we will need your
input and expertise, as our next focus area is the At-Large regional
activity sections. Some of the upcoming work includes:

* RALO pages for each RALO
* An ALS / independent member page for users to research independent
members, ALSes and their representatives' contacts, to submit ALS
Application, etc.
* A potential blog for RALO leaders and ALAC members to write about
activities in their regions

We need your views on the RALO and ALS / independent member pages as they
will represent your region and your members. After gathering your feedback,
we will be able to create the new pages that effectively promote the
activities in the At-Largecommunity worldwide and your region while
facilitating your work in At-Large.

Very soon, we will be conducting informal brainstorm sessions/calls with the
RALO leaders and ALAC members of each region and ask a list of specific
questions. We hope all of you will be able to participate. Details of these
calls will be sent shortly.

In the meantime, if you are interested in learning more about the At-Large
website revamp, please visit its wiki workspace here:
https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAg. Don¹t hesitate to contact me if you
have further questions.

Thank you,

Ariel