[ALAC] Report on the ALAC-NGPC meeting on 22 Jan 2015

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:39:11 UTC 2015

Thanks for sharing, Alan.   It has always been clear that recognizing the
existential weakness of PICs any likely logical end game occasioned by
strengthening them would be unpalatable to one or other interests.

For those who already messaged theirs via their submitted business model
ICANN would - and should! - be wary of doing anything that smacks of
regulating business models at that granular level.  For those without,
ICANN could hardly ask for more than parity with the strongest existing -
and that ain't a whole helluva lot! - one without a risk of being accused
and declared discriminatory. Those companies that filed and had already
received Board acceptance can always rest on their laurels and take a
Pontius Pilate position; we wash our hands of it.  Or, suitably incented to
accept modified/changed terms.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799