[ALAC] YAAMD: Yet Another ALAC Meeting Doodle

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 15 00:05:35 UTC 2015

We need to definitively set the time for the January ALAC meeting as
well as those for the rest of the year.

The last Doodle did not succeed for a variety of reasons, the prime
one being that many people failed to provide a wide range of possible
times. In fact, many people blocked out over 1/2 the day, some a lot
more (see attached grid).

The new Doodle
(<http://doodle.com/6ekk354crdep7zg9>http://doodle.com/6ekk354crdep7zg9)
is a bit different:
- It is visible, so you can see what other people have selected and
they can see your selections (as with out normal meeting Doodles).
This also allows you to revise your entry.
- Each slot is just one hour. We will need two consecutive slots for
the ALAC meeting.

The intent is still the same. We want one or more slots where ALL
ALAC members can attend, and preferably regional leaders as well. If
we can find one slot that inconveniences no one, that will be the
meeting time. Otherwise we will rotate times to spread the pain of
meeting at an inconvenient time.

I understand that some people will have hard constraints that they
cannot control, but PLEASE BE AS FLEXIBLE AS YOU CAN, and do not
block out times just because they are not your first preference.

We need to schedule the January meeting quickly, so please complete
this Doodle by 23:59 on Friday, Jan 16th.

The Doodle MUST be completed by all ALAC members and Liaisons and
should be completed by all regional leaders if their wishes are to be
taken into consideration. Staff wishes will also be factored in if
they complete the Doodle.