[ALAC] Best wishes for the new year

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 5 22:13:52 UTC 2015

As we start a new year, the ALAC is involved with more important
issues than I can ever recall in my last years.

- The IANA transition and associated accountability tracks are not
only of crucial importance to ICANN, but directly includes many ALAC
members plus Cheryl.
- We are embarking on a review of ALS criteria and expectations which
I believe will have a significant (and beneficial impact in the future).
- We are about to start a new cyclical review of At-Large and the ALAC
- The see the pending reviews of the new gTLD process and other
processes potentially leading to a second round of new gTLDs will
without doubt involve At-Large to a great extent.

There is a somewhat cynical expression: "No good deed goes
unpunished". The ALAC is now generally accepted as being a strong and
beneficial force in ICANN. As our reward (or perhaps punishment), we
are expected to keep contributing and help make ICANN a more friendly
place for the "public interest".

It will be a busy year, but I hope that it will be a rewarding one
for all of us.

Best wishes for a rewarding 2015 to you, and to all of your families
for allowing you to donate so much of your time and energy to ICANN.