[ALAC] Session on Policy and Implementation

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 11 02:38:34 UTC 2015

There is a session today on the draft report on the GNSO Policy &
Implementation WG today at 15:30 local time
(http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-policy-implementation).

This is (in my opinion) an incredibly important report and session.
If the concepts being proposed ae ultimately accepted, the way we
develop and implement gTLD policy will be significantly altered, with
a number of far-reaching impacts. These impacts are potentially very
positive, but could have 2nd order effects which are less positive.

Both Cheryl and I who have been very active in this WG have clearly
said that we believe that the ALAC should comment on this report.
Good participation in this information session will help that.