[ALAC] ACTION: Draft of the ALAC comments to be sent to the CCWG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 14 06:19:10 UTC 2015

The IANA Issues WG met on Friday to discuss possible issue on the
CCWG-Accountability 3rd draft proposal.

The CCWG documents can be founds at
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56145016.

The document discussed at the IANA-Issues meeting can be found linked
to the Agenda Item 3 of https://community.icann.org/x/PIdlAw
(entitled Review of Proposal and Potential ALAC Positions).

We need to send a summary of our comments to the CCWG today (in time
for a CCWG meeting on Tuesday at 06:00 UTC). The attached document
summarizes the issues as modified by the discussion during the teleconference.

Please send any comments in sufficient time for me to integrate them
(as appropriate) into the documents. In particular, is there anything
here that is counter to the tone or detail of the discussion?

The Final Public Comment must be submitted no later than 21 December.
It will no doubt closely follow the attached document, but may well
include other issues that come to light over the next days.

As ALL ALAC member will be asked to vote on the Public Comments and
will ultimately have to decide whether to ratify the CCWG Proposal,
this is both important and time-sensitive.

To the extent that is possible and you feel appropriate, please
involve your RALOs.