[ALAC] [IANA-issues] Jones Day Impact Analysis of CCWG-Accountability Second Draft Proposals

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:03:43 UTC 2015

In item #1 is interesting on how Jones ends the potential alternatives
_*Following
its deliberations, the Board should adopt the model that it believes is in
the best interests of ICANN and the global public interest_.*  Where is the
community in this decision?

-ed

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My interpretation of Jones Day's advice to the Board: 'tell 'em this one
> is DOA'.
>
> Note how often a trespass on the Board's 'statutory obligations and
> fiduciary duties' are invoked in the Impact Analysis.  Matter of fact on
> every major change proposed, the analysis discerns a trespass, as proposed.
>
> Well, I'm the least surprised. For if you ask Fido - the proverbial dumb
> dog - if he wants to be spayed, he's likely going to bark 'hell no!"
>
> -Carlton
>

> ==============================
> Carlton A Samuels
> Mobile: 876-818-1799
> =============================
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Rinalia Abdul Rahim <
> rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI.  The board published the Jones Day impact analysis of the CCWG
>> proposal. The analysis identifies gaps for the attention of the CCWG.
>>
>> The link is at:
>> http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-ccwg-accountability-03aug15/pdf5bBqNGP8Fj.pdf
>>
>> Rinalia

>> At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
>> ALAC Working Wiki:
>> https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC)

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.