[ALAC] Honouring Olivier Crepin LeBlond

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Tue Oct 14 02:50:43 UTC 2014

Thanks por all Olivier!!!!!
Kind regards

Alberto Soto

-----Mensaje original-----
De: alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] En nombre de Salanieta T.
Tamanikaiwaimaro
Enviado el: lunes, 13 de octubre de 2014 06:00 p.m.
Para: At-Large Worldwide; ALAC Working List; apralo
CC: president at thespacs.org
Asunto: [ALAC] Honouring Olivier Crepin LeBlond

Dear All,

As we move into ICANN 51, I would like to take this opportunity to really
honour the work of Olivier Crepin LeBlond for his leadership within the At
Large Community. His diplomacy, wisdom, tenacity, character, energy,
integrity in rallying the wider At Large community has been critical in the
mobilization and activation of the wider At Large community.

His constant advocacy for participation, inclusion and undying personal
commitment which has in turn manifested in him being on literally thousands
of calls, hours of genuine voluntary service is nothing short of phenomenal.
I would recommend that ICANN gives him a Leadership Award.

Having served under Olivier whilst on the ALAC, I have seen him open to
hearing and managing diverse views, conflicting ideas but handling it with
grace although at times, he has often remarked wanting to pull his
hair...which is something that all leaders go through from time to time. :)
But seriously,  Olivier thank you for  being very very inclusive in your
approach. You are a star!

On behalf of the South Pacific Computer Society, I would most sincerely like
to thank you again for your amazing leadership and for the person that you
are. Hopefully you can visit us in the Pacific some time if your schedule
clears up.

With every best wish,
Sala