[ALAC] Co-Chair, Accountability CCWG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 24 00:13:29 UTC 2014

This is update.

I do not have a definitive written answer on whether a Participant
Co-Chair will be funded to attend any face-to-face (f2f) meetings of
the CCWG, but I did discuss it with ICANN staff. The informal answer
was that it would not make no sense if a co-chair, an important part
of the CCWG, could not attend a f2f meeting.

Based on that I am comfortable in presuming that IF we appoint a
co-chair who is not also a Member, that person will be appropriately
funded for any CCWG f2f meeting.

Given this and the tight time-frame, I would recommend that the
Selection Committee attempt to identify a possible co-chair for the
ALAC to ratify. That person could be one of the Members that they
select, or someone who is not being recommended as a Member.

Presuming that Olivier (as Selection Committee Chair) agrees with
plan, I will ask that this be discussed and decided during the
Tuesday ALAC meeting.

Alan