[ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Accountability CCWG Member selection
info at hoferichter.eu
Mon Nov 10 14:54:35 UTC 2014
I agree with the proposed process.
Von: alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] Im Auftrag von Alan Greenberg
Gesendet: Sonntag, 9. November 2014 04:29
Betreff: [ALAC] CONSENSUS CALL: Accountability CCWG Member selection
This is a Consensus Call for ALAC Members.
As you know, the Charter for the Accountability CCWG is under review and is
expected to be ratified (with or without modification) by most ACs and SOs
in the coming few weeks (see https://community.icann.org/x/JjDxAg).
Accordingly we will need to select Members for this CCWG as representatives
of the ALAC.
Following a discussion with the ALT, I would like to suggest the following
that I hope you will all agree with.
- We are allowed five Members on the CCWG and as per our standard practice,
we will attempt to select one per region.
- Members of the Accountability CCWG will need to be familiar with ICANN and
its various current accountability mechanisms (all well
documented) or as per the CCWG Charter, must otherwise have expertise in
- Also according to the Charter, Members must be willing "Commit to actively
participate in the activities of the CCWG-Accountability on an ongoing and
- To ensure that the ALAC representatives meet these criteria, there will be
a call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) issued which will then be
- Olivier has agreed to lead the selection process as he has for several
other recent selections. He will convene a group based on the one that made
the previous selections, but in consultation with the RALOs, may replace
those members who:
- are no longer willing to serve;
- previously volunteered but did not meet their commitments
- plan to submit an EoI to be a Member in the Accountability CCWG
NOTE that participation in the CCWG is open to all, and the only difference
between Members and other Participants is that Members may take part in
polls (if any) to guide the CCWG and Members may need to interact with the
ALAC or other At-Large groups and potentially take direction from them. To
start, the CCWG will be populated with Participants who indicated an
interest in the defunct Accountability Cross Community group
Do we have agreement that this process should be followed to select the
Accountability CCWG Members representing the ALAC?
Please respond by 23:59 UTC on Monday, 10 November 2014.
ALAC mailing list
ALAC at atlarge-lists.icann.org
At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org ALAC Working Wiki:
More information about the ALAC