[ALAC] [IDN-WG] [APAC-Discuss] The Problem of IDNs

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:25:00 UTC 2014

Thanks for clarifying, Evan.

The staff session is important because ICANN has to define its role and
scope for dealing with UA.
Staff is in the midst of gathering views and options. If there is a view on
appropriate role and scope for ICANN in tackling the problem, that session
would be a good place to raise it.

At the moment, both views of limited and more expansive role are being
advocated in the ICANN community. I think it is really important for the
ALAC and At-Large to consider carefully what role is appropriate for ICANN
to support end user needs on this matter.

It would be good if the At-Large community had sufficient time to do this
in London.  My worry is that the 30 minute Hot Topic session may not be
sufficient.

Best regards,

Rinalia