[ALAC] ICANN Compliance serves breach notice on BizCN registrar

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri May 9 03:44:25 UTC 2014

Note that the non-compliant issues 1, 2 and 3 are all associated with
an audit to ensure that registries comply with the Expired
Registration Recovery Policy, the result of the PEDNR PDP that ALAC
initiated and saw through.

Compliance has been citing a number of registrars in recent days over
these issues.

It is worthy of note that for some of the Whois accuracy issues that
we raised, they fixed these by moving the "proxy service" from
non-existent French addresses and non-existent e-mail addresses to a
new address is Moscow (probably valid based on Google) and a new
e-mail address that at least has a valif domain name. All
"interesting" to say the least.

One thing I noted that we may want to act on. The e-mail domain
address associated with this Russian proxy service is registered via
the same proxy service.

Holly: Should this be allowed under the new P/P rules being
developed. Or even registering their contact address via ANOTHER P/P
service. Shoe we make an additional statement to the WG?

Alan