[ALAC] Re "Introduction of Two-Character Domain Names in the New gTLD Namespace" Public comment

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Jul 11 00:12:21 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 22:55, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> The only "logic" that I cold come up with is that some countries use
> the 2nd level to be equivalent to the original gTLD (ie .com.uk), so
> .uk.com is a reciprocal case. But in my mind it has really no merit.

Specifically uk.com is not used by the "country" but by a service
provider. Historically the provider offered Web service under their own
domain, a model also used by Demon Internet in the early days... It got
traction then as it was marketed for "UK companies". Long time ago...
Kind regards,

Olivier