[ALAC] [At-Large] Fwd: A million domains taken down by email checks

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Jul 7 14:28:44 UTC 2014

> The privacy issue you raise is one that EU based registrars face every day.

FWIW, I'm seeing that the EU position on privacy has been, shall we
say, declining
in credibility
<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/06/right-to-be-forgotten-internet-work-of-fiction-david-mitchell-eu-google>.
It has probably been necessary to engage the experiment to see what happens
when obsession with privacy -- to the exclusion of accountability, free
speech rights or public interest -- is carried to its logical conclusions.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some of these excesses rolled back.