[ALAC] On TOR and Alternate DNS

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 27 04:22:21 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone

First - Gisella/Julie

Where are we up to with a time slot?

Next - we need to confirm a title -  I like Evan's proposed title: "TOR and Alternatives to the DNS".  I"m inclined to label it as an FCWG rather than an ALAC event - to stress the point that everyone is welcome (and that the issue is a good example of multi stakeholder issues).

We need to confirm both Patrick and Garth as Co-chairs - which I think is a given

Evan outlined the contents - which I think works.

>> a) The mechanics: A tutorial on what TOR is and how it works
>> b) The ethics of a system that protects privacy but impedes legitimate law
>> enforcement
>> c) The challenge to ICANN, both in business and policy, of a potentially
>> viable alternative to the DNS

Next steps for this:
Confirm time slot
Do we need other speakers - Patrik and Garth - any suggestions please
Confirm the agenda so it can go up when the schedule does.

Thanks

Holly