[ALAC] Fwd: R: Confidentiality

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:17:22 UTC 2014

Dear Tijani,

Excellent explanation.

There is one level of complexity that the electorate may benefit from
having further clarity on.

In the event that current ALAC members apply for the Board Seat 15 position
and are included in the slate of candidates, replacement voters will need
to be sought as per the ALAC RoP.

Questions that can help provide clarity, especially for newcomers:

1. What is the process for replacing voters in the electorate?
2. Who is responsible for choosing the replacement voters?
3. Are there criteria for selecting the replacement ALAC voters (eg., same
RALO, trusted by the RALO if the person being replaced is elected, what
about nomcom appointees?, etc)?
4. In the event that RALO Chairs are in the BCEC and are thus not allowed
to vote, what process should be followed to select the replacement voter?
What would be the criteria?
5. When in the elections timeline should the ALAC and RALOs have the
replacements in place so that they can benefit from
discussions/consultations about candidates before votes are cast?

Best regards,

Rinalia