[ALAC] ICANN Board resolutions from meeting of 7 Feb 2014 in LA

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 12 19:21:36 UTC 2014

I agree with Dev and Carlton in unhappiness at the Board decision.  The ALAC comments to the Board set out good reasons why the change not be made until competent technical advice is regularly available to the Board.  Indeed, if you look at the commentor's words - the quote is directly from the ALAC statement.  And the need for sound technical advice is spelled out in our statement as well.  Indeed, in the TOR session on Monday, Patrik will - in mildest tones - be giving the SSAC concerns about the introduction of the new gTLDs and why the issue of names collision should have been addressed MUCH earlier.

In my view, it is a very false 'savings'

Holly