[ALAC] IMPORTANT: Call for Nominations for ALAC Chair

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 20 17:21:45 UTC 2014

Olivier,

Thank you for the nomination, your praise and for
the vote of confidence. I accept the nomination.

The ALAC has been very fortunate in its recent
Chairs. Over the last seven years, the ALAC and
At-Large has been led by Cheryl and Olivier,
individuals who have tirelessly and passionately
worked to make At-Large an important and
effective part of ICANN, and to advance the
causes of users in the ICANN ecosystem. Note that
I have carefully said "Lead" and not "Manage", and that has been crucial.

You willingness to accept a position of
Vice-Chair is very much appreciated, and I hope
that the ALAC will take you up on that.

Should the ALAC choose to make me the next Chair,
I commit to working with a similar level of
energy and passion, and I hope that history will
also see me as an effective leader.

I clearly do not have ALL of the proper
qualifications, since my initials are not a
permutation of C, L and O. But I will work hard to overcome this failing!

I ask that Staff forward this message to
ALAC-Announce in accordance with the Chair selection rules.

With thanks, Alan