[ALAC] Accountability - Changes

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at planet.tn
Sat Aug 16 11:24:19 UTC 2014

Olivier,

Yes, it is too complicated. I see that we are going towards an identical
structure of the transition of IANA functions stewardship and the ICANN
accountability and Governance: a coordination group and a cross community
working group.

With the experience we have now from our participation in the IANA function
stewardship transition coordination group, we need to be careful and
vigilant not to have groups unbalanced geographically and  membership. Also,
we have to be clear from the beginning that we can’t accept any capture.

Also, why the Board wants to draft the charter of the accountability CWG???
Are they not happy with the one drafted for the CWG on IANA transition by a
community drafting team (Julie, Léon and myself are members)????

----

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605