[ALAC] Singular/Plural in new gTLDs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 5 22:01:21 UTC 2013

The confusingly similar objection results are
interesting. Although I have not gone through
them carefully, there are already cases where
plural is deemed to be confusingly similar to
singular, and I think also the opposite. And a
case where .shop won an objection over a Chinese
string meaning "online shopping" because the
meaning was similar and someone who reads both
English and Chinese could be confused. A real grab-bag.

See
<http://images.go.adr.org/Web/AmericanArbitrationAssociation/%7B3d7531bb-c0b8-462e-ab7a-2a6572300363%7D_ICANN_DRP_StringConfusion_Objections.pdf>http://images.go.adr.org/Web/AmericanArbitrationAssociation/%7B3d7531bb-c0b8-462e-ab7a-2a6572300363%7D_ICANN_DRP_StringConfusion_Objections.pdf.

Alan