[ALAC] Proposed letter re: Brazil summit

Tijani BENJEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Sat Oct 12 07:53:35 UTC 2013

I support the letter.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605

Mobile: + 216 98 330 114

Fax:       + 216 70 853 376

-----Message d'origine-----
De : alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] De la part de Evan Leibovitch
Envoyé : vendredi 11 octobre 2013 17:37
À : ICANN ALAC list
Objet : [ALAC] Proposed letter re: Brazil summit

Hello everyone.

I wish to propose that the letter below be approved by the ALAC at its next

meeting.

I have put a version of this letter on the ALAC Confluence wiki

site<https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/Proposed+letter+re%3A+Brazil+Summit>

.

(Carbon copies to Steve Crocker and Dilma Rousseff, as well as public

distribution)

---------------------

Fadi Chehade,

CEO, ICANN

Dear Fadi.

The ALAC welcomes the announcement by you and Brazilian President Dilma

Rousseff of a major summit of government, civil society, academia to take

place next year in Rio de Janeiro.  We congratulate your acting on the

recommendations offered in the 2012 ALAC White Paper, “Making ICANN

Relevant, Responsive and

Respected<http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/future-challenges-white-paper-17sep12-en.pdf>”,

both regarding the proposed summit and reflected in the recent "Montevideo

statement" by you and other Internet leaders,

ICANN's global At-Large community looks forward to actively contributing to

this effort. You can count on our help and support in creating a truly

diverse, inclusive and purposeful event.

Sincerely,

the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee

ALAC at atlarge-lists.icann.org