[ALAC] Proposed letter re: Brazil summit

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Oct 11 16:36:53 UTC 2013

Hello everyone.

I wish to propose that the letter below be approved by the ALAC at its next
meeting.
I have put a version of this letter on the ALAC Confluence wiki
site<https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/Proposed+letter+re%3A+Brazil+Summit>
.

(Carbon copies to Steve Crocker and Dilma Rousseff, as well as public
distribution)
---------------------

Fadi Chehade,
CEO, ICANN

Dear Fadi.

The ALAC welcomes the announcement by you and Brazilian President Dilma
Rousseff of a major summit of government, civil society, academia to take
place next year in Rio de Janeiro.  We congratulate your acting on the
recommendations offered in the 2012 ALAC White Paper, “Making ICANN
Relevant, Responsive and
Respected<http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/future-challenges-white-paper-17sep12-en.pdf>”,
both regarding the proposed summit and reflected in the recent "Montevideo
statement" by you and other Internet leaders,

ICANN's global At-Large community looks forward to actively contributing to
this effort. You can count on our help and support in creating a truly
diverse, inclusive and purposeful event.

Sincerely,
the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee