[ALAC] Fwd: Regulated industry/sensitive new gTLDs PICS - Policy Advisory Board model

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:42:07 UTC 2013

This says the regulatory model to be employed is to raise a Policy Advisory
Board funded by registrants and from which the registry operator is
excluded.  One has to keep the sneaky fox out of the chicken coop.

So now, um....let's see how this breaks, shall we?  I will juxtapose just 2
of the attributes, taken directly from the Specifications document.

Under the sub-heading [General(?)] Guiding Principles, this:

"·         Ensure that registrant eligibility policies are inclusive,
transparent, pro-competitive and non-discriminatory and serve the affected
community and the general public, particularly Internet users of domain
registrant services"

And the second, under the sub-heading Function, this:

"·         To ensure that new gTLD applicants for regulated industry gTLDs
do not operate the registry in a manner that is antithetical to the
overriding goals of competition and innovation"

Quick, tell me what's wrong with these cupcakes?  And I suggest this is
before reflection on what .org and .com and etc... have become......and for
why!

Evan's idea of a trusted domain service is much smarter, more immediate and
likely to be less costly to the registrant.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799