[ALAC] Fwd: Re: ALAC Statement on Community Expertise in Community Priority Evaluation

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:32:54 UTC 2013

JJS,

Legality aside, there are gaps in disclosure to the community on various
aspects including how the EIU fulfill certain criteria of interest to the
ALAC.

The board's letter to the ALAC contains a cut and paste description of the
EIU, which we already know and which does not address the gaps.

I am not satisfied with the board's response. It is perfectly fine for them
to reject the offer of community expertise and the rationale is
understandable, but the concern that led to the drafting of the statement
stands.

The question now is as follows:
1. Do we press the case and request for disclosure based on the issues that
have been pre-identified in the follow-up correspondence?
2. Should we be cowed into not pressing the case because the action may
affect how the Board reacts to future advice on other issues?

Rinalia