[ALAC] Panel overload

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Nov 28 18:17:22 UTC 2013

Hello all,

just a note quick note:

On 27/11/2013 20:17, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>    - Four original Presidents Strategy Panels. launched at Durban
>    (originally fivem two have been merged)

These are all well on their way - and as has been explained later in
this thread, serve a specific purpose.
>    - The co-signers of the Montivideo Declaration
These are the various organisations that signed it. I believe that our
SO/AC work will feed into this eventually through ICANN's channel into
the process. ICANN's input will therefore be multi-stakeholder.

>    - A High Level Panel led by the head of Estonia
This has indeed been formed and is a separate process that's not looking
for more people, as far as I know (see Sally Costerton note I forwarded
to the ALAC Internal list). But I'll ask to make sure.

>    - An ICANN Cross-community working group on the Brazil meeting (asked
>    for by Fadi at the emergency 7am meeting in Buenos Aires, delivered by a
>    joint ALAC/NCSG effort)
Yes -- and I need to thank many of you for setting the record straight
whilst I was travelling so as for this group to go from a joint
NCSG/ALAC Action Item open to all, to a full Cross Community Working
Group, which is, it appears, what is wanted by other participants in ICANN.

I am well aware of the red tape that an official designation as a "Cross
Community Working Group" entices and will push for the group's work to
start ASAP based on the discussions the NCSG and the ALAC had together,
with a charter being worked out by the side.

Kind regards,

Olivier