[ALAC] Minority statement for the IGO-INGO identifier protection PDP Final Report

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 14 02:38:03 UTC 2013

Since these are modifications for clarity, I'll suggest one more. One
bothered me and I now have a better idea how to express what it was.

*"If the Recommendations with Consensus level or Strong support were
implemented, there is no assurance that they form a cohesive and consistent
set of policies."*

I recall this statement being questioned by members of the working group,
for it is difficult to parse. What I believe it intended is that the
selection of resolutions that achieved Consensus are not together
reflective of a single approach to the issue, and in some cases the
statements that apparently have Consensus even seem to contradict each
other.

In light of this, I suggest this re-working of the line that is clearer and
more direct to the point.

*"The collection of Recommendations with Consensus level or Strong support,
taken as a whole, do not **form a cohesive and consistent set of policies"*

Thanks,

- Evan