[ALAC] First draft of ALAC RAA Statement

Garth Bruen gbruen at knujon.com
Fri Mar 29 02:23:42 UTC 2013

Thank you Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Alan Greenberg
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:17 PM
To: ALAC Working List; registrants-rights at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: [ALAC] First draft of ALAC RAA Statement

I have posted a first draft. It is not the short and concise statement I
envisioned, because as I strted to write it, I realized that if the ALAC
wanted to impact the outcome, we needed to identify, to the extent possible,
WHY we supported or rejected any of the particular sections that are
currently in dispute.

I attempted to do this to the best of my ability, with the understanding
that in some cases, I simply do not completely understand the motivation ofr
the different positions. In such cases, I just said that. If anyone else
understand better than I, please speak up.

The draft can be found at https://community.icann.org/x/xZRwAg. Look for the
red pointer to the PDF version to locate the start of the draft. All of the
documents it refers to are pointed to in the box just above the draft.

I am also attaching a PDF version here for your convenience.