[ALAC] Rules of Procedure - Draft for discussion at 26 March ALAC meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Mar 27 20:02:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

Except for the fact that I think we need both the info and the vote, not just one,  I agree with much of what you wrote about communications, though I think stuff should go out from ALAC and from ICANN itself to all ALSes directly as well as using the fragile, single person - single point of failure, link of the ALS representative.

The interest in informing oneself, however, involves feeling you have a stake and a voice as well as the information.

I see a vote as a necessary catalyst to make this work.  And as long as it is denied until later, or until they deserve it, or until the hens come home to roost, we will not achieve the level of participation we need.

avri

---

I have been told that sometimes things I write are hard to understand because i escape into metaphor and expression way too much.  So I am trying to be clear while not stifling myself and am including glossary at the bottom of some of my international email

single pont of failure - a system architecture expression meaning that the system fails is a single elements is not working.  It is a principle that are argues for redundant systems.

hens come home to roost - an expression that means you wait to do something until it causes a real problem.  the tendency of people to wait to fix something until it is too late to fix it.