[ALAC] RAA 3.7.8

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 27 17:04:52 UTC 2013

Sorry, forgot one thing.

”
>>To:
>>“Upon the REPORT OR DISCOVERY of a Registered Name Holder's willful
>>provision of inaccurate or unreliable WHOIS information
”

>>Agreed, though I think that "report" is
>>sufficient. A discovery that is unreported can't be of much help.
>
>See my e-mail just sent which explains why I
>think that "report" is overly broad.

Don't agree about omitting discovery. That covers
the case where a registrar "discovers" the
problem, likely due to one of the required checks
mandated in the earlier sections of the
specification. It does not make sense for a
registrar to have to report the problem to
itself, yet the predicate part of this sentence
is what allows the registrar to disable the domain with impunity.

Alan