[ALAC] RAA 3.7.8

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 27 16:58:54 UTC 2013

”

>“Upon the REPORT OR DISCOVERY of a Registered Name Holder's willful
>provision of inaccurate or unreliable WHOIS information
”

Although when I first saw this mentioned in
Holly's wiki post, I liked it, but on reflection
it does not quite work. I can report that Knujon
is obviously a made up name and is a willful
attempt to mask your true identity. Or that
"Garth" is clearly a fabrication. If the
registrar knows that these are both legitimate,
should you still be required to provide
documentation of their validity to the registrar
within 15 days or loose your domains?

I still like the idea, but that language cannot
work. Would you accept "Upon a validated report or discovert..."?

>AND modify the contract language of 3.7.8 from:
>
>"...Registrar shall, upon notification by any person of an inaccuracy in
>the contact information associated with a Registered Name sponsored by
>Registrar, take reasonable steps to investigate that claimed inaccuracy.
>In the event Registrar learns of inaccurate contact information
>associated with a Registered Name it sponsors, it shall take reasonable
>steps to correct that inaccuracy."

>"...Registrar shall, upon notification by any person of an inaccuracy in
>the contact information associated with a Registered Name sponsored by
>Registrar, take reasonable steps to investigate that claimed inaccuracy.
>In the event Registrar learns of inaccurate contact information
>associated with a Registered Name it sponsors, it shall take reasonable
>steps to correct that inaccuracy AND IF NEEDED CANCEL OR SUSPEND THE
>DOMAIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ACCURACY SPECIFICATION."

Why is this needed when 3.7.8 starts with
"Registrar shall comply with the obligations
specified in the Whois Accuracy Program Specification"?