[ALAC] RAA 3.7.8

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Mar 27 16:20:20 UTC 2013

On 27 March 2013 11:47, Garth Bruen at KnujOn <gbruen at knujon.com> wrote:

Change the WHOIS Accuracy Specification #5 from:

> “Upon the occurrence of a Registered Name Holder's willful provision
> of inaccurate or unreliable WHOIS information…”

> “Upon the REPORT OR DISCOVERY of a Registered Name Holder's willful
> provision of inaccurate or unreliable WHOIS information…”

Agreed, though I think that "report" is sufficient. A discovery that is
unreported can't be of much help.

> AND modify the contract language of 3.7.8 from:
>
> "...Registrar shall, upon notification by any person of an inaccuracy in
> the contact information associated with a Registered Name sponsored by
> Registrar, take reasonable steps to investigate that claimed inaccuracy.
> In the event Registrar learns of inaccurate contact information
> associated with a Registered Name it sponsors, it shall take reasonable
> steps to correct that inaccuracy."

> "...Registrar shall, upon notification by any person of an inaccuracy in
> the contact information associated with a Registered Name sponsored by
> Registrar, take reasonable steps to investigate that claimed inaccuracy.
> In the event Registrar learns of inaccurate contact information
> associated with a Registered Name it sponsors, it shall take reasonable
> steps to correct that inaccuracy AND IF NEEDED CANCEL OR SUSPEND THE
> DOMAIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ACCURACY SPECIFICATION."

I'm OK with the intent, but would suggest something more explicit, that
allows for a period of time to make corrections.

"...Registrar shall, upon notification by any person of an inaccuracy
in the contact information associated with a Registered Name sponsored
by Registrar, take reasonable steps to investigate that claimed
 inaccuracy. In the event Registrar learns of inaccurate contact
information associated with a Registered Name it sponsors, it shall take
reasonable steps to correct that inaccuracy. Domains that maintain
inaccurate information, after given reasonable time to be corrected upon
notification, shall be cancelled or suspended by the Registrar in
accordance with the accuracy specification.

Is this any more palatable?

- Evan